23 February 2018

Art in Forest


Art in Forest



Art in Forest in the Middle of Winter
I happened to take a shuttle bus to Nuuksio Nature Center on a skiing vacation. This free bus ran only during this week. Once I entered the center an hour later, I noticed that there was an Art in Forest activity for children on that day.  I was little skeptical about this because the temperature outside was -12 C (10.2 F).  









Well, I officially enroll in the activity and soon found myself with 16 children and their parents in the middle of the forest.  Kids did not mind the coldness at all.  They actively participated in five different activities and I had interesting discussions with parents and Finnish parental rights.  See my next article. 




Look through a picture frame and see the beauty  of a tree.

In the middle of the forest at Nuuksio National Park
Finding Art in a Rock
Anything underneath the snow?
Taking measurements
Using a microscope to find art in trees. 
Using a microscope to find art in trees.

Poems in Forest