19 January 2018

Virtual World

I am hiking in the San Gabriel Mountains, near my home in California.  
Virtual world, it’s coming.  How to use it in education? We were able to go to Robo-lab where we experienced the virtual world around the globe.  We used special glasses and earphones.  The geography world let me visit Hollywood and the San Gabriel Mountains where I have hiked many times. I was able to take a dog with me and throw balls to him to catch along the way to Mount Wilson. Interesting.



Well, all this was fun but how to use this tool in educations.  Next students discussed in small groups how to use a virtual world in their classes. They had to create a lesson plan of their own discipline, this time chemistry. 

Ideas from Students:   
Laboratory safety
Flight simulation
Visit other parts of the world to see technology
First Aid
Demos on chemical reactions


I am in Hollywood! 




Students had to come up with educational lesson plans how to use virtual world in classrooms.